My knowledge of both sides of the criminal justice system allows me to educate you about what you are facing while we prepare a criminal defense strategy. I’ve worked at the Athens Police Department as both a patrol officer and a K-9 officer for twelve years before deciding to attend law school.Learn More About Harlan Mitchell.
Aggressive Lawyer Near Tanner AL
When You Need A Award-Winning Lawyer in Tanner AL - Trust Harlan D. Mitchell!
Harlan D. Mitchell is native to Limestone County, Alabama where he served at Athens Police Department as both a patrol and K-9 officer for twelve years. He received a B.S. from Athens State College and a law degree from Birmingham School of Law. Mr. Mitchell began his compelling legal career with the law firm of Beddow, Eerben& Bowen, P.A. in Birmingham where he engaged in civil and criminal litigation and appeals, real estate transactions, and domestic relations practice. He then continued his work with Mitchell & Graham, P.C. where he served as senior partner from 1997 to 2010. Since then, Mitchell has brought his legal expertise to the private sector at Harlan D. Mitchell, Legal Services LLC, where he specializes in criminal defense and family law.
Mr. Mitchell is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Limestone County Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
A Reliable Divorce Lawyer Who Can Help In Tanner AL
Matters of divorce and family law issues can be very delicate due to the emotionally charged conflicts that surround the intensely personal matters of custody, children, finances, and more. The decisions that you make during a divorce are permanent, and it's incredibly crucial that you have an experienced professional attorney on your side to help you receive the best possible outcome. When you understand the options that you have in regards to family law or divorce processes, you can help to restructure your family in a way that's positive, and more forward with no regret.
Mediation typically works as follows:
- Both parties hire a neutral third party, the mediator, to assist them in reaching agreements regarding their divorce.
- The mediator provides information about the divorce process and guides the discussion to help resolve issues.
- Parties communicate directly to each other in the presence of the mediator.
- Mediation works best when there is an equal knowledge of the parties' financial situations and a willingness to work together.
Mediation Services May Help You Avoid The Courtroom
The mediator may suggest how the disputed issues can be resolved and explain what the process would be if the matter were litigated. Parties are allowed to engage others in support of decision-making such as their own advising lawyer or other professionals, e.g. valuation experts, financial planners, accountants, and mental health professionals.
- Parties can set their own pace and are not restricted by a court calendar
- Stay out of court- both parties reach an agreement outside of the courtroom
- Create solutions that fit the family best- parties have the opportunity to craft solutions, a freedom which is not allowed in court
- Confidentiality- mediation sessions are private