My knowledge of both sides of the criminal justice system allows me to educate you about what you are facing while we prepare a criminal defense strategy. I’ve worked at the Athens Police Department as both a patrol officer and a K-9 officer for twelve years before deciding to attend law school.Learn More About Harlan Mitchell.
Experienced Auto Accident Attorney Serving Decatur AL
When You Need Auto Accident Attorney Advice, Harlan D. Mitchell Can Help!
Personal Injury Lawyer For Your Auto Accidents In Decatur AL
From auto accidents to premises liability, personal injury law involves the physical and emotional injuries victims suffer by the hands of negligent parties.
We understand the emotions that can come with the tragedy of an injury; stress, pain, financial hardship, and fear. You need proper legal representation that helps you get the compensation you deserve whenever an accident occurs. We possess not only the courtroom experience, but real life experience, that will help us to fight vigorously for you, and ensure that you and your family can receive a fair settlement. We'll be by your side throughout the entire complex judicial process.
We specialize in the following personal injury matters:
- Car Accidents. Our firm seeks compensation on behalf of people who have been injured in car accidents. We strive to hold negligent people responsible for the actions that harm others.
- Uninsured Motorist. Sometimes people are injured by drivers who have no insurance or by drivers who do not have enough insurance coverage. If you are in this situation, we can help ensure that you receive maximum compensation---despite another's lack of insurance.
- Serious Injury and Wrongful Death. Losing a loved one or being seriously hurt in a car wreck or motorcycle crash can be a traumatic experience for anyone. Our firm strives to provide injured people with the representation they need and deserve during this stressful time.
- Slip, Trip & Fall. Injuries suffered on another's property -- whether in a home, on a sidewalk, or in a commercial building or shop -- are often the results of negligent maintenance or even complete disregard for the safety of others. If you have been injured, let us help you get the compensation you deserve.
Car & Auto Accident Lawyer Services Throughout the Decatur AL Area
Accidents on the road may happen due to a number of factors - talking or texting on a cell phone while driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, missing a blind spot, changing the radio, or more - and can have minimal to major impacts on everyone involved in the accident. If you're found negligent or at-fault in your accident, you can be held responsible for accidents involving injury or even death.
Here are just a few statistics regarding auto accidents in Alabama:
- Roughly 14 accidents occur every hour across Alabama
- Four people suffer from some sort of injury due to an accident every hour
- More than two people die on the roads of Alabama every day
These statistics show that car accidents can happen to anyone, and it's important that if it happens to you or a loved one you can trust Harlan D. Mitchell to help!
Why Choose Us For Your Auto Accident Attorney?
Harlan D. Mitchell was born and raised in Limestone County, Alabama, where he served with the Athens Police Department as not only a patrol officer but a K-9 officer for twelve years. His legal experience also stems from him attending Athens State College for his B.S. and a law degree from Birmingham School of Law. Mr. Mitchell began his compelling legal career with the law firm of Beddow, Eerben& Bowen, P.A. in Birmingham where he engaged in civil and criminal litigation and appeals, real estate transactions, and domestic relations practice. After that time, he continued to work with Mitchell & Graham, P.C. where he served as a senior partner during the years 1997-2010. Since that time, Mitchell has continued to bring his legal experience to the private sector at Harlan D. Mitchell, Legal Services LLC, for those who need family law or criminal defense representation.
Mr. Mitchell is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Limestone County Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association