My knowledge of both sides of the criminal justice system allows me to educate you about what you are facing while we prepare a criminal defense strategy. I’ve worked at the Athens Police Department as both a patrol officer and a K-9 officer for twelve years before deciding to attend law school.Learn More About Harlan Mitchell.
Aggressive Lawyer Near Oakland AL
Are You Looking For An Award-Winning Lawyer Serving Oakland AL? Trust Harlan D. Mitchell!
Harlan D. Mitchell was born and raised in Limestone County, Alabama, where he served with the Athens Police Department as not only a patrol officer but a K-9 officer for twelve years. His legal experience also stems from him attending Athens State College for his B.S. and a law degree from Birmingham School of Law. During his time at the Firm of Beddow, Eerben & Bowen, P.A., he participated in the representation of numerous high-profile white collar trials in federal court and many high-profile cases in both state and federal courts. He then continued his work with Mitchell & Graham, P.C. where he served as senior partner from 1997 to 2010. Since then, Mitchell has brought his legal expertise to the private sector at Harlan D. Mitchell, Legal Services LLC, where he specializes in criminal defense and family law.
He is also a past member of:
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Talladega Bar Association
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Probate and Property Section
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Greater Birmingham Criminal Defense Legislative Committee
A Trusted Divorce Attorney Who Can Help In Oakland AL
Matters of divorce and family law issues can be very delicate due to the emotionally charged conflicts that surround the intensely personal matters of custody, children, finances, and more. The decisions that you make during a divorce are permanent, and it's incredibly crucial that you have an experienced professional lawyer on your side to help you receive the best possible outcome. When you understand the options that you have in regards to family law or divorce processes, you can help to restructure your family in a way that's positive, and more forward with no regret.
Mediation typically works as follows:
- Both parties hire a neutral third party, the mediator, to assist them in reaching agreements regarding their divorce.
- The mediator provides information about the divorce process and guides the discussion to help resolve issues.
- Parties communicate directly to each other in the presence of the mediator.
- Mediation works best when there is an equal knowledge of the parties' financial situations and a willingness to work together.
Mediation Services May Help You Avoid The Courtroom
Mediation is a voluntary process in which both parties jointly make decisions based on their views and the reality they face. A mediator facilitates discussions, but does not give advice or make decisions. He or she uses non-adversarial problem-solving techniques to reach an agreement.
Mediation can be used to deal with the issues that arise in the context of:
- Divorce & legal separation
- Custody and visitation
- Valuation & division of property
- Spousal & child support
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements