My knowledge of both sides of the criminal justice system allows me to educate you about what you are facing while we prepare a criminal defense strategy. I’ve worked at the Athens Police Department as both a patrol officer and a K-9 officer for twelve years before deciding to attend law school.Learn More About Harlan Mitchell.
Professional Divorce Lawyer Near Mooresville AL
Are You Looking For An Experienced Divorce Lawyer Serving Mooresville AL? Trust Harlan D. Mitchell!
Harlan D. Mitchell is native to Limestone County, Alabama where he served at Athens Police Department as both a patrol and K-9 officer for twelve years. He received a B.S. from Athens State College and a law degree from Birmingham School of Law. Mr. Mitchell began his compelling legal career with the law firm of Beddow, Eerben& Bowen, P.A. in Birmingham where he engaged in civil and criminal litigation and appeals, real estate transactions, and domestic relations practice. He then continued his work with Mitchell & Graham, P.C. where he served as senior partner from 1997 to 2010. Since then, Mitchell has brought his legal expertise to the private sector at Harlan D. Mitchell, Legal Services LLC, where he specializes in criminal defense and family law.
He is also a past member of:
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Talladega Bar Association
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Probate and Property Section
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Greater Birmingham Criminal Defense Legislative Committee
A Trusted Divorce Lawyer Who Can Help In Mooresville AL
Matters of divorce and family law issues can be very delicate due to the emotionally charged conflicts that surround the intensely personal matters of custody, children, finances, and more. The decisions that you make during a divorce are permanent, and it's incredibly crucial that you have an experienced professional attorney on your side to help you receive the best possible outcome. When you understand the options that you have in regards to family law or divorce processes, you can help to restructure your family in a way that's positive, and more forward with no regret.
Litigation is the traditional divorce process in which both parties hire attorneys to represent them in negotiations and court hearings as follows:
- Each attorney advocates positions based on the client's personal wants, needs and viewpoints.
- Parties communicate primarily through their attorneys regarding their positions, proposals, and counterproposals.
- The process may involve a formal legal procedure known as "discovery" in order to obtain financial and other relevant information.
- Most litigation divorces are eventually settled, but only after spending substantial time, money and emotion.
- Parties are often ultimately dissatisfied with the outcome and are likely to return to court to change the outcome or resolve disputes.
Mediation Services May Help You Avoid The Courtroom
Mediation is a voluntary process in which both parties jointly make decisions based on their views and the reality they face. A mediator facilitates discussions, but does not give advice or make decisions. He or she uses non-adversarial problem-solving techniques to reach an agreement.
- Parties can set their own pace and are not restricted by a court calendar
- Stay out of court- both parties reach an agreement outside of the courtroom
- Create solutions that fit the family best- parties have the opportunity to craft solutions, a freedom which is not allowed in court
- Confidentiality- mediation sessions are private