My knowledge of both sides of the criminal justice system allows me to educate you about what you are facing while we prepare a criminal defense strategy. I’ve worked at the Athens Police Department as both a patrol officer and a K-9 officer for twelve years before deciding to attend law school.Learn More About Harlan Mitchell.
Top-Rated Criminal Defense Lawyer Serving Limestone County AL
Harlan D. Mitchell Can Help With Your Criminal Defense Lawyer Needs!
If you or a loved one are faced with criminal charges, there are severe penalties that you could face as punishment in an effort to deter you from repeating the offense. These convictions will last you the rest of your life and affect you in a major way; fines, imprisonment, disentitlement of educational loans, or background checks for housing and employment. Your freedom is at risk when you're facing criminal charges, and you'll need an educated legal advocate at your side throughout the whole ordeal.
With over 35 years of criminal defense experience, we have the knowledge and skills to create a compelling case for you in court. Our expertise will provide you with a substantial advantage in the courtroom as we know how the prosecution operates and exercise smart tactics in order to obtain superior results during trial.
We provide expert criminal defense for:
- Drug crimes---drug trafficking, drug possession, possession with intent to distribute, or manufacturing
- Murder, assault, and violent crimes---assault, homicide, murder, or sexual assault
- Sex crimes---statutory rape, possession of child pornography, or solicitation of a minor
Mediation Services May Help You Avoid The Courtroom
The mediator may suggest how the disputed issues can be resolved and explain what the process would be if the matter were litigated. Parties are allowed to engage others in support of decision-making such as their own advising lawyer or other professionals, e.g. valuation experts, financial planners, accountants, and mental health professionals.
- Parties can set their own pace and are not restricted by a court calendar
- Stay out of court- both parties reach an agreement outside of the courtroom
- Create solutions that fit the family best- parties have the opportunity to craft solutions, a freedom which is not allowed in court
- Confidentiality- mediation sessions are private