My knowledge of both sides of the criminal justice system allows me to educate you about what you are facing while we prepare a criminal defense strategy. I’ve worked at the Athens Police Department as both a patrol officer and a K-9 officer for twelve years before deciding to attend law school.Learn More About Harlan Mitchell.
Professional Criminal Defense Attorney Serving Tanner AL
Harlan D. Mitchell Can Help With Your Criminal Defense Attorney Representation!
If you are facing criminal charges, you may face severe penalties in an effort to punish you and deter you from committing a repeat offense. These convictions will last you the rest of your life and affect you in a major way; fines, imprisonment, disentitlement of educational loans, or background checks for housing and employment. Your freedom is at risk when you're facing criminal charges, and you'll need an experienced legal advocate at your side as soon as possible.
With over 35 years of criminal defense experience, we have the knowledge and skills to create a compelling case for you in court. Our expertise will provide you with a substantial advantage in the courtroom as we know how the prosecution operates and exercise smart tactics in order to obtain superior results during trial.
We provide expert criminal defense for:
- White collar crimes---embezzlement, bank fraud, credit card fraud, or conspiracy
- Murder, assault, and violent crimes---assault, homicide, murder, or sexual assault
- Internet and computer crimes---mortgage fraud, pharmacy scams, or possession of child pornography
Mediation Services May Help You Avoid The Courtroom
Mediation is a voluntary process in which both parties jointly make decisions based on their views and the reality they face. A mediator facilitates discussions, but does not give advice or make decisions. He or she uses non-adversarial problem-solving techniques to reach an agreement.
- Parties can set their own pace and are not restricted by a court calendar
- Stay out of court- both parties reach an agreement outside of the courtroom
- Create solutions that fit the family best- parties have the opportunity to craft solutions, a freedom which is not allowed in court
- Confidentiality- mediation sessions are private